Monday, March 13, 2017

'My skin felt like it was on fire - I thought I was going to die': Million-to-one anti depressant allergy left woman BURNING from the inside-out

A woman was left clinging to life after an allergic reaction to anti-depressants left her burnt from the inside out.
Sandy Simonson, 35, of Texas, struggled to breathe as his entire body swelled and was covered by a rash of raw red angry.
They rushed to intensive care to emergency treatment, she was diagnosed with the syndrome of Stevens - Johnson, a rare reaction to a drug thought to affect one in 1 million people in the population. 'It seemed a victim of burns in the face,' he recalled. 'The rest of my bodywas covered in a rash very badly, that felt like burning up' was so awful. Did not think I was going to make it at home.' Ms. Simonson, a purchaser of chemical to a hair manufacturing company, is prescribedmedication to treat his bipolar disorder, a condition of mental healthcausing mood changes ends, with symptoms of depression and mania. 'They gave me a new recipe at the end of October last year, just starting with a low dose,' he recalled. ' I felt good, so my doctor increased. But, after three weeks, I began to notice that he got a cold and fever. 'I started to notice my arms and legs were swelling and everything itched terribly.' my skin was raised and everything felt swollen, my face, my arms, my fingers. ' your spouse, the designer Michael Simonson, 39, led to the ER at Memorial Hermann Hospital and, after evaluating him, she was sent home.' told my spouse that something is wrongTwo days later, we went back to the hospital and had gotten a lotwhich is worseMy esophagus was so swollen it began closing and my skin felt like it was the fire. ' In the beginning of December 2016, doctors diagnosed him syndrome Stevens - Johnson, a rare disorder that begins with flu - like symptoms, followed by a painful red or purplish rash that spreads and blisters, before the top layer of the skin diesand slopes.' my face had swollen up so badly really thought I was going to die ,' she said. Transferred to the intensive care unit, she was stripped and had rubbed lotion on her body, to try to cool the itching,also are prescribed steroids. Given a morphine drip to help with pain,one day during his stay in intensive care, doctors said that they believed that it was his bipolar medication that had caused the reaction. She told him that he immediately stop taking the drug. But this addedto their discomfort, since she needs medication to keep his mental health.
Ms. Simonson, who was diagnosed with bipolar in October 2015, after attempting to take his own life, recalled: ' before my diagnosis, I had a nervous breakdown and tried to hurt myself. That it has when I realized that he needed help and that he had bipolar disorder. "
After his extreme reaction to antidepressants, who spent four days inintensive care, before being transferred to the main hospital for fourdays, until that swelling had reduced significantly.' when I start the eruption still was pretty bad,' said.' it has not yet fully cleared, but I want to help others who suffer from this condition, let them know that they are not alone.
' If I had known that my medication I this rash, which I have never taken would have given him ' now you been prescribed other medications for his mental health, which has proved its effectiveness.
The disease, which is a form of Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, typically isa reaction to a medication or an infection and can be fatal.
Thermutis Nadier Lawson, founder of the United Kingdom of conscience syndrome Stevens - Johnson, said: ' Stevens - Johnson Syndromeis a devastating and life altering conditions leaving most of its survivors and their families with emotional trauma 'Also be potentially deadly in its early stages, many experience several long-term complications include fatigue and problems Visual.' STEVENS - JOHNSON syndrome: made Stevens - Johnson Syndrome is a rare disorder that affects the skin mucous membrane, genitals and eyes. The mucosa is the soft layer of tissue that lines the digestive tract from the mouth to theyear, as well as the reproductive organs and eyeballsIt is usually caused by an unpredictable adverse reaction to certain medications, butcan also be caused by an infection. The syndrome often begins with flu - like symptoms, followed by a red or purple rash that spreads andblisters form. The skin eventually dies and Peel. Syndrome Stevens - Johnson is a medical emergency requiring treatment in the hospital, often in intensive care or a burn unit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment